To ensure the Masjid is COVID-19 secure, we have adopted certain processes to ensure the safety of all attendees. We request all attendees to be familiar with this note before attending the Masjid.
The Masjid will issue further guidance for Jumuah salaah, which will be published on the Masjid website.
- The Masjid will be open for All prayers
- The Masjid will open shortly before, and close 30min after, the relevant Jamaat time.
- If the Masjid is at full capacity you will not be permitted to enter the Masjid.
- Be patient and adhere to social distancing of at least 1 metre at all times.
- Adhere to all signage around the Masjid and any instructions provided by the Masjid volunteers.
- In order to reduce the risk of transmission, you will not be allowed to use any coat hooks within the Masjid or any Masjid Qurans/kitaabs/tasbeeh.
Before you think about coming to the Masjid
- You must not attend the Masjid if:
- you or any member of your household display any COVID-19 symptoms (for example, a temperature of 37.8C or higher, a persistent cough or a change to your sense of smell or taste); or
- you are required to self-isolate in accordance with government guidance. For example, if you:
- or a family member have recently had any COVID-19 symptoms;
- have recently returned from overseas; or
- have been asked to self-isolate by the NHS test and trace service.
Before attending the Masjid
- Make wudhu at home. The wudhu and toilet facilities will be out of use.
- Bring your own prayer mat, shoe bag and face covering.
Arriving at the Masjid
- Before entering the Masjid:
- wear your face covering;
- be patient and adhere to social distancing whilst queuing; and
At the Masjid
- On entering the Masjid:
- remove your shoes and place them in your shoe bag and keep the bag with you at all times;
- clean your hands using the hand sanitiser provided; and
- a Masjid volunteer will then direct you to the ground floor or first floor prayer hall.
- On entering the prayer hall, proceed as instructed by the Masjid volunteers and place your prayer mat where indicated by the floor markings.
Leaving the Masjid
- Leave the prayer hall, when directed by a Masjid volunteer, in an orderly manner whilst maintaining social distancing. Those in:
- the ground floor prayer hall will be directed to leave the Masjid using the main entrance; and
- the first floor prayer hall will be directed to leave the Masjid using the back doors near the lift area.
- Take your prayer mat and shoe bag with you. Any items that are left behind will be disposed of.
- Clean your hands using the hand sanitiser provided.
- Do not gather at the exit, or in the vicinity of the Masjid.
We sincerely request everyone to turn toward Allah SWT and pray to him abundantly to lift these difficult times from humanity and grant us all protection from this and all other illnesses. Please remember masjid and your community and all humanity in your duas.
Jazakallahu Khairan for your co-operation and patience
Management Committee of